My friend over at ahandmadestory is just days away from her wedding. Today I went into her office and found her with her head on her desk… meltdown. Turns out she’s planned and planned and planned – but is feeling like she hasn’t left herself enough time to do everything. So she’s made a to-do list that is currently 50 items long. Needless to say she’s feeling a little overwhelmed.
Luckily she knows me and as she regularly informs me, I am a “fixer” so I tried to figure out what we could get done in a limited amount of time. It needed to be something that she could make quick decisions about if only someone would give her some options. So I returned to my office grabbed my iPod and started coming up with options – Item #47, choosing music for intros, cake cutting and last song.
Her advice to me – write down your songs now, make the decisions you can make before you are planning anything as soon as possible. I think this is mostly her “I’m getting married in 11 days” panic.
- Dave Matthews Band – Steady as we go
- Blue Rodeo – Lost Together
- U2 – Sometimes you can’t make it (on your own)
- The Beatles – In My Life
- The Beatles – All You Need is Love
- Kris Allen or Garth Brooks – To Make You Feel my Love
- Reba McEntire and Justin Timberlake – The Only Promise that Remains
- The Pretenders – I’ll Stand By You
- Ben Folds – The Luckiest
- Michael Buble – Everything
As I’m typing this I’ve found it very difficult to keep it just to ten… I guess that’s why I have a Love playlist.
(Tip – Engage your readers) Let me know what your favourites are. Sister I know I’ve forgotten some of yours so comment away.
Picture from here