Happy Monday everyone – stay tuned this week for pictures of my growing (and slightly drowning) rooftop garden. The boy and I are going to be self-sustaining in no time! Lettuce for everyone!
For now, a few things I learned this weekend.
- Golfing with girls is so much more relaxing. This is not to say that I don’t enjoy golfing with the Boy – I do, please see It’s All Hypothetical to find the many reasons why. But golfing with girls is way less frustrating. I felt like a much better golfer when I’d shoot a 7 an a par 4 and my sister would say “just give me 105.” It’s not even that I was a better golfer than the either of the ladies – I shot the worst in fact. But comparing my 117 to a 110 or a 113 feels much better than comparing it to the Boy’s 82!
- Soccer is crazy expensive and time-consuming. I thought that soccer was the organized sport of choice for parents who didn’t want the time and financial committment of hockey. Apparently no more. The Boy and I decided – no organized sports… only reading for our 2025 children.
- 14 year-old boys stink. This was wonderful news shared with me by my aunt. She can’t figure out why, but apparently they do. This led the Boy and I to revamp our decision of point #2 – our 2025 children must be girls… reading girls.
- If you’ve had a wound for almost 2 weeks and it’s still not looking terribly healed, and is still really sore… call the Doctor that gave you said wound.
- Dairy is the devil. Had too much ice cream yesterday… woke up this morning with the same stomach ache I went to bed with and a splotchy splotchy face. I curse you dairy for tasting so delicious.
- If you are preggo and coming up with a short list of baby names – you might want to Google that name. Friends of ours did and quickly discovered that the first hit on their name of choice belongs to a stripper. They wouldn’t tell us what it is but I can only assume it’s Ialeen Sugar Maple.
- No matter what you’re intentions were – you will never get done everything you wanted to on the weekend.