If you were one of the few people checking my blog this weekend (Mom) you may have noticed that every time you checked you found a new look to my blog.
I think I’ve picked a theme for now – but it was a bit of a challenge.
- Choosing a new theme kinda messes up the pictures you’ve set with your old theme. If the columns are narrower – you may end up with a row of pictures after all of your text. I felt the need to find a theme that didn’t make my old posts look too ghetto
- Adventures of a Mrs – one of the blogs I check in on has fun backgrounds on her blogger blog. I looked them up and tried to figure out a way to add it to my WordPress blog. But alas, earwax. Adding a background like that of the Mrs. requires an upgrade to my account. Since blogging is not my profession I voted no thanks.
- Then I started looking for images I could use as a background – an option with one of the new themes. I didn’t find one I liked – but I did find something I could use as a new header. I found it from this site – CG Textures you can create an account and download royalty free images for your site. The agreement is only that you won’t compile them and print them as a set for sale. Sweet.
- The picture I chose for the header – rusted paint. I really like rust – but I also thought it was an artsy representation of the chaos that the twenties can seem to be some days. But I mostly just like the rust.
- Finally you’ll notice a new button on the right sidebar. This button belongs to SITS – The Secret is in the Sauce. SITS is an online community of women that support each other by reading each other’s blogs and leaving comments. There tag line – “The secret to success is support.” It’s an effort I’m making to find different blogs to read – and also to see if it might help Oprah to find me. I’ll be sure to report if I see a huge spike in my stats!
So that’s the short version of the back and forth decision-making. What do you think? Worth the effort? Go back to the old look? Try again?
Feedback people. I need feedback!