It’s April 11. Which means April 10 was yesterday. Which means we are now PAST the 5 more months to go point, and we find ourselves with LESS than 5 months to go.
Insert panic attack here.
I said to a friend the other day, I feel like I’ve hit a lull. We’ve done most of the major stuff. I fully realize we have a BUNCH of little things to do. I fully recognize that the little stuff in fact takes more time and energy than the big stuff. But at 5 more months to go – I feel it’s too early to start thinking about what to put in washroom baskets.
But now. NOW we’re at less than 5 months. 4 months and a bunch of days. In a month it will be ONLY 4 months left. And a month after that, I should be paying my beautiful dress its first visit. And that means it’s practically here. We might as well be getting married tomorrow and I have nothing done.
What we’ve done so far:
- Had a tasting with our caterer. Forgot to take pictures.
- We finished our registry
- Mostly finished our wed-site – enough to share it with the world anyway
- Went on a whirlwind long weekend holiday to Calgary to celebrate another wedding, scope out ideas, and getting in W-Day spirit
- I also sent the Boy a list of songs, with links to YouTube and lyrics – he can’t attend to the lyrics of a song long enough to tell me if he likes them or not. We’ll see if this works
- I sent out emails to 3 cake bakers and found out that for what we would want there is no savings in simple sheet cake.
- Designed an invitation to our upcoming Engagement Party
- Tested out the RSVP feature on our wed-site.
What we have coming up:
- We’re doing a cake tasting this week
- Planning a trip to visit some tuxedos
- We really should look at some maids of awesome dresses
- Engagement Party this weekend!
- Confirm all readers
- Choose readings
- Pick music
- Start making play lists and do NOT play lists with DJ
- Start the hunt for W-Day shoes
- Confirm a make-up artist
I think if I can get these things done this month I’ll continue to feel like I’m on track… or be a puddle on the floor. Good thing I’m still seeing Dr. Bizios my Naturopath who is keeping my stress management on track!
Image from here