I know I’ve said this before – but honestly I feel pretty okay with wedding plans until I get to these countdown/update posts. And then, my panic attack kicks in.
Nonetheless, here it is for better or worse:
- I’ve finished our wed-site
- We learned some ultimate party survival strategies at our Engagement Party
- Sista and I went dress shopping and made a decision about b-maid dresses (first official outing – one dress) all the girls have yet to try them on, so I’ll post about that at the end of the month
- After looking in bridal stores casually – my Mom waltzed into a Non-Mother-of-the-Bride store and bought the first dress she tried on. She’s going to look STUNNING!
- We asked all of our readers to participate and they all graciously agreed – now to choose some readings for them.
- We’re in the middle of a tux vs. suit debate for the boys… details to follow once a decision is made.
- We made a decision to go Pro-cake. Still haven’t emailed our baker about a flavour.
- We taste tested a local restaurant as a contender for our rehearsal Dinner.
- I got my ears pierced – so I can look like a grown-up on W-day
- I’ve been gifted my W-day earrings – but still yet to see them
- I made a decision on W-day shoes, they’re not orange, but they’re pretty!
- After much debate I made a decision about changing my name
- I booked a make-up artist for the day, but am still not convinced I made the right choice.
- I celebrated the last birthday of my roaring twenties, and the last as a single lady.
On the To-Do List:
- I REALLY need to order invitations
- A friend of my mom’s has offered to do our centrepieces for us – it is going to involve a trip to a wholesale warehouse and an overwhelming feeling of information overload I’m sure.
- These boys need to get together and make a decision about what to wear – but it largely depends on what a suit will cost for the Boy (an example of when being a giant is not so handy)
- We have an Engagement Photo session coming up in early June – they’re going to be awesome and I’m so excited to tell you all about it.
- Choose readings and songs for the Ceremony and Reception
- Meet with our Priest to see how far we can push Catholic traditions – I just read the overview on our church’s website and I’m having a small anxiety attack.
- Thinking about thinking about gifts for our w-party
- Choose a date for our rehearsal, and a location for a rehearsal dinner.
- Go b-maid dress shopping and make the order
- Celebrate the Boy’s big 3-0 and his last birthday as a single gent.
Photo from here