Hello bloggy world!
Turns out I don’t really have time to post the beautiful and detailed posts that I’d love to about everything we’ve been up to lately. So here we go in no particular order:
- I went centrepiece shopping with a friend of my mom’s this week. We went straight to the flower warehouse source. It was cold. It was slightly overwhelming. But mostly it was incredibly frustrating to see the ridiculous mark-up on glass containers, flowers and floral accessories. I know the mark up also includes labour but seriously – $5.00 for a vase that would probably sell anywhere from $20 – $25 is craziness.
- I keep waiting for the Boy to realize that we are getting married in 3 weeks. He has this anxiety issue where he does not anticipate change terribly well – sleepless nights, shortish fuse, sheer panic. So far, nothin’. So far only rolling eyes when I ask him something with
slight panica normal 3 weeks away sense of urgency to my tone. Next week his “busy schedule” includes 2 golf games and 2 baseball games followed by a baseball tournament all weekend. Do I sound jealous or bitter? I don’t mean to I am simply anticipating when I can check off “Calm Boy down when he has w-day meltdown.” If he could hurry up and get it over with we could all move on.
- Yesterday I woke up and went into the kitchen to find the garbage can tipped over and garbage all over the floor. At first I thought raccoons. Then I thought – that’s crazy the Boy must have just tripped over it in his half asleep state this morning. Turns out I was right the first time. Our landlord is coming over this weekend to fix the screen. Can you imagine waking up to a raccoon in your house? Bah.
- I thought we had all of our important songs picked (first dance, last dance etc. etc.) but then this weekend as we were driving home from London the Boy says “I like this song as a first dance.” What? You couldn’t have told me this 3 months ago when I asked your opinion on this? Now I’m trying to figure out how to get all the songs we love into the day. And trying to focus on appreciating his interest and opinion rather than the checked off things on my to do list unchecking themselves.
- We finally met with our priest this week to confirm all that we had to confirm and get a few questions answered. Highlights included:
- His congratulations to the Boy for “robbing the cradle” when we told him our ages (we’re only 11 months apart).
- Him asking me to fill out the online form myself since it would just be easier that way, and when the form went all screwy saying, “this is what you get when you ask a woman to do a man’s job” (He’s lucky I love him!)
- The football that the Boy was able to futz with in his office
- His enthusiasm when we showed him we hadn’t picked 1 Corinthians as one of our readings
- His advice on a non-Catholic friendly wedding program: “you can write anything you want in the program but no one’s going to read it – and I just make this shit up as we go along”
- His Spiderman t-shirt
- I stopped by Mary’s Yarns the other day to pick something up quickly only to find they had just received their fall shipment. I restrained myself. But I think to fight the post-wedding blues I am going to have to take myself on a date there and stock up. SOOO MANY THINGS! Cowl anyone? I think Lynn would definitely support that plan of therapy. Seriously, if you’re a knitter and can get yourself to Unionville – go. You won’t regret it. And if you’re not a knitter (you should start BTW), visit anyway – there’s a reliable rumour that John Stamos is in town, so there’s that if nothing else.
That’s it. That’s all I know. Well, that and the fifty other things that are rattling around my brain. But these are the most coherent ones – which should be an indication of how the others look.
22 more days!