Sista and her Physicist are winos. I’m a wino too but the Boy is not. Sista and her Physicist are pros when it comes to wine country (that means they’ve been
twice three times sorry Sista corrected me and demanded an errata! once to Pelee and once twice to Niagara) so this summer I let them plan the trip and we made the Boy be our DD.
He was thrilled.
Here are ten things I learned while wine tasting:
- There are about a million different wineries in Niagara on the Lake.
- You can pick any of them and you’ll likely be delighted.
- Some of the wineries are owned by celebrities
- These do not necessarily make them good.
- Turns out the Boy does like wine.
- He just has expensive taste.
- You can taste the difference in dirt at Coyote’s Run
- You should probably go with a budget
- Thinking you’re not going to spend anything is delusional
- When you’ve decided you can only budget one fancy bottle – budget another one, especially if the second last stop is the best stop!
Seriously, we learned that you can try just about everywhere and fun will be had, but if you want to be just like me here’s where we went:
- Coyote’s Run
- Niagara College winery AND brewery
- Wayne Gretzky
- Hidden Bench
The Boy and I picked our favourite from Coyote’s Run as our expensive bottle. We decided we would save it for a special occasion. A new job.
Apparently he didn’t realize my awesomeness.
Go on a wine tour. Check!