I made my argument yesterday, why things needed to change on the 101 in 1001 front… here are the updates.
Things I’m keeping on the list –
Photo Challenge – 26 days in and going strong.
Colouring a colouring book – I’ve got one and I’m working on it.
A button for my blog – I’m thinking it will come with a redesign this spring
Get a puppy – the family did get Miss. Molly but I’m hoping sometime in the next 500 or so days there is an animal in our house too… sure it might be a pipe dream but it’s one I have to keep alive!
Ride my bike to work everyday for 1 week – I now live 1.6km from work. There is really no reason not to do this one.
Pay $5 for every item not completed
Things I’ve totally done but forgot to tell you –
I’ve gone to a concert – We saw The Tragically Hip this summer, they were awesome as usual. We were supposed to see Weezer too but I foolishly left the time management to boys and we only caught the last song. Colour me disappointed!
I’ve seen another play – Sista and I went on a date and saw her school production of RENT! It was decent, but the best part was probably the awesome over acting of innocent High School students singing about their lives as drugged out HIV+ prostitutes. So sweet.
We added new veggies to the garden – in the midst of w-planning we (okay The Boy totally managed the garden this year, basically single-handedly) added red peppers, banana peppers, plum tomatoes, yellow and green zucchini and kale to the mix this year. For the most part our efforts did not go well… it might have been because it was a little neglected.
I bought a piece of art – I bought 2 pieces actually and they both include The Boy and I! One print from our engagement photo shoot – beautiful TTC photo and one from our wedding – beautiful photo of The Boy and I with our fancy car and the awesome barn. Oh man – they are both so awesome and beautiful and they both look like pieces of art that we just happen to be in. Double Score!
I Sponsored a woman at Christmas through a Holiday Hamper program – CHECK!
Things I have coming up that I’m super excited to cross off –
Going to a ballet – after a bit of a gong show trying to do this for my birthday, Mom bought me tickets for Christmas and Mom and I are going in March.
Photo Challenge – I’m finding this surprisingly fun, I even started reading the manual of our new camera – now I just have to retain that information and I’ll be set
Take a camera class – Seriously need to register for this.
Things I’m nixing completely
- Put $20 into savings for each thing I’ve completed – this just didn’t really work, I’m saving regularly and I never remember to put extra money in for accomplishing something. I am keeping the pay $5 for things not completed though.
- Complete a 30 day challenge – 30 day challenge of what? I can’t remember. Off the list and replacing it with something else.
- Change the pictures in our frames once a year – I like the pictures we have up right now.
- Get a new bike – I don’t need a new bike. Nixed.
- Keep all Movie Stubs – I put this on there because The Boy and I have seen a lot of movies in our history together and I’ve often thought imagine if I had kept all of the stubs? But do you know why you don’t keep the stubs? Because what is the point? There isn’t one. Boo.
- Eat Raw for 1 week – I haven’t been able to get through a week of completely vegetarian yet – meat seems to keep it’s way in there once a week! So this totally isn’t going to happen – I’ll pay the $5 but I’m changing this one to something else.
Things I’m adding in to replace those things I’m booting
- Knit 12 pairs of socks in 2012 – I knit January socks, then thought I lost them to a HORRIBLE felting incident in the washing machine, they seem to have survived – it was close but we made it. 1/12
- Knit 16 baby toques for donation to the local hospital
- Write a knitting pattern for socks and publish it on Ravelry
- PURGE the apartment one room at a time.
- Save $10,000
- Go on a week long vacation with the Boy, by ourselves. The Boy and I have NEVER been away together family free for more than 3 days. In 9 years. Can you believe we JUST realized this!?