Hurray for Friday! So I had this thought a while ago, five fast things I love on Friday. Five things on a theme. And as I said – I wrote this a long time ago, but didn’t post it (don’t ask me why – there’s no picture I was waiting for)
So here we go. Five things I’m liking about my new (5 months is still new right?) job. Some context? I’ve been at my new job for
three weeks five months, and my assessment so far is… I like it…. but it’s really different from everything else I’ve done. Ever. (This is still my assessment five months later – with the addition of, it’s got potential for growth).
But there are things I like – so here’s five.
- Let’s be honest – it’s the pay. While some of what I’m finding harder to get used to is the bureaucracy and formality, (this is still true at 5 months) they’re paying me for it – so it’s fine.
- One hour lunch. Until I’ve completed my probation period, (1 more month to go) I have an hour lunch. I have so much time to catch up on blogs, run errands, leisurely eat – whatever! Mostly though, I just come home and read some blogs and watch Income Property and Property Brothers and dream of having my own little shit-hole house that I can gut and beautify. After my probabtion period I have the option to compress my work week, get a half hour lunch or work a half hour extra on either side of my day and presto – 1 day off every 3 weeks. Sweet.
- The people. I’m in a branch of about 50, but my unit is only 4. And I like ’em. That’s always nice.
- The problems. I’ve got some messes to clean up – and I like that.
- It might be only BFF Kristyn that gets this last love – but I had to include it just for her (I found out the other day The Boy loves this too – I knew we were meant to be). Papermate Medium and Fine Blue pens. I came in my first day to find one of each in my desk. Brilliant. It’s the little things.
And that’s just it. It’s the little things. That’s why I wanted to start this Fast Five Friday segment. Feel free to play along with each week’s theme and leave me a comment with the five (or as many as you can think of) things you love about that week’s theme.
It’s easy to list the reasons you hate your job, but c’mon people – let’s focus on the positive. Give me at least 1 thing you like about your job, it could be as simple as the pens.