This is it. The last Friday post on The Twenties Roar. *single tear*
I wasn’t sure how to do it. Do I post a video? Or maybe do a fast five?
Well hell, I figure it’s the last Friday – let’s do both.
Five Reasons I love The Twenties Roar:
- I will always love that The Twenties Roar was my first blog – you always remember your first right? Well, this was mine. I carved out my own little piece of the blogosphere and told the world what I thought. Amazing.
- The Twenties Roar made me some new friends. I never really thought that anyone other than my immediate family would follow me. I can still remember getting the email that told me a stranger subscribed to my blog. I think I might have cried. I definitely reported it to The Boy as my BIG NEWS of the day. Now I have MANY strangers that follow along, and some of those strangers have become my bloggy friends. It’s a weird little thing, that I think only bloggers get – but I think it’s awesome.
- It made me discover SO MANY BLOGS! And LEARN so many new things. My Google Reader is STACKED with files on knitting, baking, cookies (yes those are separate from baking), veggie meals, DIY, and hundreds of ideas for our someday house. Oddly, I didn’t really start reading blogs until I started writing one – so I have this little blog to thank for that too.
- An archive. I LOVE that I have all of my thoughts are here in one little spot. I love that I have all of my anxiety and excitement about planning our W-day are here. Written down. And I love that I wouldn’t have done it in a paper journal in a million years.
- Therapy. Writing has always been therapeutic for me. The journals I do have are really sad and negative from periods in my life where I needed to write it out in order to work out my feelings. That makes for a pretty negative record (see above). But The Twenties Roar has been a space where I’ve been able to work out some of the stress of being in my twenties, living with a boy, not having ducks. And I’ve gotten a lot of support for the posts that I’ve published. (Thanks for that by the way!) I’ve also been able to work out some of my less publishable stress by writing here and keeping it private. (Yes, it’s true I don’t publish every single thought in my head) Typically the posts I don’t make public are those that effect someone else who hasn’t chosen to make their lives public – and I’m fine with that – but sometimes I still need the therapy and The Twenties Roar has been that for me.
Now a video – a YouTube Friday that I saw last night. Lion tries to eat baby. You’re welcome Brother.
The Twenties Roar has been good to me, and hopefully you’ve gotten something out of it too. I’m really sad to say goodbye to the title. But I’m also really excited to start fresh with a new blog. It feels rejuvenating.
Thank you to each and every person who has ever read a single post on this little blog. I appreciate the love and support more than I could ever say. I hope you’ll continue to check in with me at my new home. And I hope even more that I’m able to smoothly transition you to the new site – eek! Just in cases, there might be ONE more post here, to direct you to my new home.
Have a GREAT weekend – and maybe wish me luck!