Okay kids, I’m looking to you. The Boy and I are in the middle of a VERY serious argument.
Did we just go on our honeymoon?
Last weekend was the Victoria Day long weekend in Canada (for my American friends Canadians celebrate the birthday of our reigning monarch on the Monday around the 24th of May each year – regardless of when their actual birthday is. It is rarely referred to as Victoria Day and more typically referred to as May 2-4. Every year, Ontarians think it’s going to be a beautiful weekend for outdoor activities and typically it is cold and rainy. This year it was GORGEOUS. The more you know!) Sista and the Physicist went to Kingston and Prince Edward County and the Boy and I went to their apartment in Toronto.
It was our first weekend “away” together – without additional family members, since we’ve been married.
So I give you 5 reasons why it may have been our honeymoon and 5 reasons why it definitely was not.
- It was our first weekend away together since we’ve been married. (This is basically the Boy’s only point).
- We went out for fancy dinner.
- We split a bottle of wine at dinner for the first time ever.
- Some of us tried new foods – the Boy had Elk.
- We discovered new areas of a city we love.
And now the truth (yes I realize there are 6 here – hey if he wants it to be equal he should write his own post):
- We went less than 60km away. That is not very far.
- We did not have any accommodation costs – we even brought our own sheets.
- We went to a baseball game.
- We did not buy anything to commemorate our trip – not even matching fedoras.
- We went home early.
- I took a total of 13 pictures. 7 of which were of the Boy sitting 3′ from me saying “Why are you taking my picture?”
Settle the score – what say you? Did our Toronto weekend count as our honeymoon?
Also – since it obviously does not count – any suggestions?