We’re moved. I’m officially blogging from a house I own. We have an office. And new furniture. There were a few hiccups but for the most part boxes are unpacked and The Boy and I are feeling settled.
We have a new GIANT couch. It’s really a toss up as to what is our favourite part, but here’s the short list.
- Giant couch. We had a giant couch before – since we have a giant in our house. But this one is even bigger, and firmer and not ripped, and new and SOOOO long. I’ll post pictures when I get my camera back but for now know that the Boy is comfortably curled in one corner, I’m sitting about 2/3 of the way down and we’re not touching. As The Boy will quickly tell you – this is glorious.
- Giant bed! There was a hiccup with the bed. Our mattress was delivered – thank you Jesus – but our frame had a crack in it, so they took it away and it’s being redelivered later today. We’ve been enjoying our new king mattress on the floor, and will love it even more tonight now that we’ve turned it the right way (I told you it wasn’t square Sista) and there isn’t a dog sleeping on my pillow.
- Room to stretch. Our new house isn’t huge by any means but it’s way bigger than our apartment, and it’s just giving us a bit more room to stretch. I’m looking forward to doing some yoga in the office or reading in our reading nook. It’s not that I feel the need to get away from The Boy, but we’re far less on top of each other – c’mon who can’t appreciate that.
- Clean bathroom. By the time we left our apartment the enamel was completely gone on the bathtub and the whole thing was rusted out and gross. I consoled myself by feeling reassured that I continued to clean it – so it was clean dirt at least but as I was doing a final clean yesterday, I was noticing how much black mold was lurking around. And my lungs were not happy while the dust was flying.
- It’s ours. We’re unpacked and getting settled and we’re making it ours. I said to the Boy on Sunday that I was excited but it didn’t feel like ours yet. It’s starting to. The more we’re here the better it will feel. We had a lot of great memories in our apartment but we’ve got lots to look forward to in our home.
The neighbours seem great, we’ve been told on multiple occasions, by multiple sources that our side of the neighbourhood is the better side. Our neighbours have a fire pit and apparently everyone gets along and are really friendly. It’s a quiet street and there’s lots of puppies around for our coming little one to play with!
Pictures to follow but for now – we’re settling in and it feels pretty great.