When Mom went to the Surgeon a couple of weeks ago, he told her a couple of things.
1. Absolutely STRICT liquid diet for at least one week before the surgery.
2. The surgery will definitely be either the 23rd or the 25th.
After the pre-op appointment on Friday she learned a few more things
1. The surgery will be at least 3 hours long.
2. Since it will be so long – she will most likely be first – which means starting at 7:45.
3. After the surgery she will be in ICU for at least the first day.
4. The post-op pain management plan is an epidural.
5. The surgery will be on the 22nd… so not the 23rd or 25th.
And the Boy says – “So on Tuesday, your mom will be cancer free!”
Yes she will.
To keep everyone in the loop, I’ll post a post-op update here just as soon as we have something to tell. Since so many people have subscribed to this little blog – I think this is the fastest and easiest way – you know, short of live-tweeting the play-by-play.
Message from Mom – An epidural? For the first 3, 5 or 7 days? Am I fine with that as a pain management plan? Yes, I’ll take 7 days please.