This week’s regularly scheduled program has been interrupted to bring you this W-Day special news bulletin:
WE’RE AT THREE MONTHS PEOPLE!
You may recall the lengthy list of to dos we had for this month. Having just reviewed it myself, I’d say we did pretty well. No wonder I feel like we’ve been doing so much recently!
What we did this month:
- The Boy turned 30 this month – we happily celebrated our last year, and his last birthday as a singleton
- We had a bunch of conversations with our Priest and in the end decided to change churches. I now feel much happier avoiding confrontation altogether, but did have an odd experience of cancelling something for the wedding – not something I would like to do more of (the person on the other end of the phone was so worried and sad for me).
- We ordered beautiful dresses for all the maids of awesome. A miracle dress that somehow looks amazing on everyone.
- We solved the great tux vs. suit debate with an awesome deal and AMAZING suits for all
- I created and ordered invitations. They’ve arrived. They’re beautiful. But you don’t get to see them until they’ve been received by their intended recipients. For now I’ll give you this tease.
- We picked the Readings for our ceremony.
- We bought everything for the bathroom baskets
- We’ve almost picked all of the music for our ceremony
- We picked a location for our rehearsal dinner but won’t have a date until our Priest can check the new church’s schedule
- Still collecting ideas for centrepieces – and will likely do our warehouse tour in another few weeks
- The Boy called Steamwhistle (his favourite beer) and booked a delivery of kegs
- I got W-Day shoes and the Boy’s W-Day tie!
- Booked my hair trial
- We had our engagement pictures done last weekend, we haven’t seen them yet – so I’ll post once I’ve got evidence of how beautiful they are. But another sneak peak they involved this beauty:
It’s getting down to details time so here’s what we still need to do:
- Mail the invitations
- Set rehearsal date, book restaurant and invite the peeps
- I’d like as many things done as early as possible which means printing the rest of the stationary items
- Hotel welcome bags
- Make a wine decision
- Another party! Hooray!
- Finalize rentals and choose appetizers
- Shop for wedding bands
- I think I should be able to visit my dress soon!
- Start thinking about thinking about day-of and week-before timelines
- Under the dress shopping
- Shop for W-party thank you gifts
- Order ties for groomsmen
- Finalize ceremony music
- DJ Play and Do Not Playlists
I think there’s more I want done this month… but this is inducing enough panic for one day.
92 Days to go!