Somehow I managed to make mad progress on the knitted gifts this Christmas. Not only did I make cowls, mittens, toques, socks and my very first pom-pom… I did it all with time to spare.
I give you the knitted round-up
Like the cowls? Various simple patterns found on Ravelry by searching the yarn – Estelle Drake you can find the blue and orange one modeled by Miss Erin here, the pink one I also found on Ravelry but I’ll be damned if I can find it again – basically alternate squares of knit and purl. The one in the middle is simple moss 60 stitches in the round. Mittens for The Boy were too small so I ended up with new mittens. But The Physicist’s mittens fit perfectly! I made Sista’s toque (which she loves BTW – just doesn’t look like it in the picture) from the same pattern as the ones I made for the little ones this fall – but added a pompom for good measure. And the FIL (Father-in-Law) loved his socks so much last year – I made him a second pair (he has requested 7 pairs).
What did you knit for Christmas?
Sista and her Physicist are winos. I’m a wino too but the Boy is not. Sista and her Physicist are pros when it comes to wine country (that means they’ve been
twice three times sorry Sista corrected me and demanded an errata! once to Pelee and once twice to Niagara) so this summer I let them plan the trip and we made the Boy be our DD.
He was thrilled.
Here are ten things I learned while wine tasting:
- There are about a million different wineries in Niagara on the Lake.
- You can pick any of them and you’ll likely be delighted.
- Some of the wineries are owned by celebrities
- These do not necessarily make them good.
- Turns out the Boy does like wine.
- He just has expensive taste.
- You can taste the difference in dirt at Coyote’s Run
- You should probably go with a budget
- Thinking you’re not going to spend anything is delusional
- When you’ve decided you can only budget one fancy bottle – budget another one, especially if the second last stop is the best stop!
Seriously, we learned that you can try just about everywhere and fun will be had, but if you want to be just like me here’s where we went:
The Boy and I picked our favourite from Coyote’s Run as our expensive bottle. We decided we would save it for a special occasion. A new job.
Can you believe the Boy said he didn’t think we would be opening it so soon?
Apparently he didn’t realize my awesomeness.
Go on a wine tour. Check!