That’s all the languages I know. Doesn’t change anything. OMG we’ve only got two months to go! TWO MONTHS! Less than 9 weeks.
Let me tell you a little story. As I was going through the Blog history I came to realize what a crappy job I’ve been doing re: blogging all of this, at least for this month. Sorry about that. I also noticed that while I thought I was keeping on top of all of this stuff – I have not. There’s a lot of stuff on the “to do list” from last month that I still haven’t done. I had a feeling this was the case – I am a procrastinator by nature and I knew it was only a matter of time before it caught up with me.
To combat this genetic nature of mine I spent some time this weekend making a master To Do List. I called it “To Do Before I Do.” Clever I know. I’m at 80 items and we’ve only just begun. I’ll give you the final count once I get there and a little plug out to my new organizational friend TODOIST.com but the short version is – I love it.
Let’s get right to it before I run out of time completely.
What we’ve been up to this month:
- We enjoyed our first wedding shower – I know I’m behind the 8-ball but stay tuned tomorrow and I’ll tell you all about it. It was awesome. I cried.
- We had beautiful engagement pictures and ordered prints. Beautiful I tell you.
- We sent out invitations
- We got our first RSVP from Sista’s manfriend – shout out!
- To date we have heard from 80 people (that’s just over half and they’ve got another week to go)
- I started thinking about music for the reception and started creating the lists.
- We made a wine decision
- I shopped for W-party gifts and other VIPs gifts – I’d tell you but then I’d ruin the surprises, so you’ll have to wait.
- Yesterday I ordered The Boy’s w-ring. It’s a beauty again – more to follow.
- We finalized transportation for our w-party and for our guests (giant yellow school bus will be taking guests from the hotel to the reception and home again – no drinking and driving at this wedding please!)
What’s on tap:
- Another 2 wedding showers (we are so spoiled with love it’s amazing)
- Order my w-ring (like today!)
- Visit our venue with our florist
- Get the rest of those RSVPs back and start harassing people who have dropped the ball
- Dress visit (they still haven’t called – should I be worried?)
- Dress fitting #1
- Meet with our Priest (he keeps telling me – “yeah no problem whatever you want buddy” reassuring but I think we should write a few things down)
- AND about a million other things.
My goal all along has been to not have THAT much to do the week before. I’m starting to realize that if I’d like that to be the case – I better get on it!
How do you keep on top of things when life gets crazy
image from here