What is 101 in 1001? It’s 101 goals in 1001 days.
Start date: July 20 2010
End Date: April 13 2013
I’ve got approximately 2.75 years to complete all of the things on my list. Here’s how the website describes the project:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
The added bonus for bloggers – it keeps you blogging, and gives material to blog about!
This page is where you can check in on my list and see how I’m doing. I’ll post the evidence when I’ve completed something. By telling all my loyal followers I’m going to accomplish all of these things the idea is that I feel accountable and actually follow through.
Wish me luck!
101 in 1001:
- 365 day photo challenge
- Complete a colouring book
Say “Yes”November 5, 2010 Evidence Say “Yes” to the DressIt took some time so you can find the evidence here and here Say “I do” to the Boy I loveSeptember 10 2011 – and it was AWESOME!!
- Reach 500 blog posts
Ride my bike to work everyday for 1 week
- Knit 12 pairs of socks in 12 months
Get a better jobDouble the $ and benefits? I’d say that’s better October 11 2011 Contribute to RRSPs
- Cook every recipe in a cookbook
Try 50 new recipes (50/50) Live allergen free for one month Live vegetarian for 1 week – twice (2/2)
- Go on date night with the Boy twice per month (13/66)
Get a legitimate golf score for a full 18 holes124 Baby – 5/22/2011 Evidence Beat that score by 10 strokes
- Read at least 1 book per month (6/33)
Upgrade my camera(Thanks Santa for helping me out with that one – Dec 25 2010) (Didn’t think this would be one that I’d be overachieving in Nikon D90 October 9, 2011)
- Donate blood
Take a camera course
- Learn Photoshop
- Learn the Adobe Suite
- Kayak in the Everglades
- Visit 3 cities I’ve never been before – LasVegas Baby!
- Visit New York, New York
See three plays(3/3) To Kill a Mockingbird, 2/12/2011; Billy Elliot the Musical 2/17/2011 Evidence; Rent! Sometime in December 2012 I can’t remember Go on a wine tasting tour(August 6, 2011) Evidence Visit Calgary and Edmonton(Didn’t visit Edmonton – too far and too quick a trip, but did see our Edmonton peeps so that counts right?) March 31 – April 4 Evidence
- Complete a 100 push-up challenge
Get to my ideal weight and stay there Buy a piece of artBought not 1 but 2 beautiful pieces of Meaghan and The Boy Photography art
- Knit 16 baby toques and donate them to our local hospital
- Write a knitting pattern for socks and post it on Ravelry
- Take a cooking class
- Put change in someone’s expired parking meter
Get a puppy Dance in the living room Add a new veggie to the gardenpeppers, zucchini, kale, tomatoes, OH MY!
- Make a meal entirely out of the garden
- Try snowboarding
- Go someplace warm in the winter
- Go camping
- Ski every winter
Golf in a charity golf tournament(2/2) Set a budget and stick to it for at least 6 months
- Finish knitting the boy’s socks August 24, 2010 Evidence
Sponsor a woman at ChristmasChristmas 2011 Purge the apartment one room at a time. Clean out my closet twice each year and donate whatever I’m not wearing to charity
- Random act of kindness for BFF Kate
Do a cleanse Save $10,000
- Plan a Sistas Date
Have my parents over for dinner Have the boy’s parents over for dinner Support a CSA farmerWe didn’t grocery store shop for veggies once this summer! CHECK!
- Finish rereading all Harry Potter books
Get and watch all Harry Potter movies– (Got them for Christmas 2011 8/8) Make a month-long meal plan
- Make a long-term financial plan
Have a pajama day(January 7 2011) Make a button for my blog Go to a concert Write a note and leave it in a book for a stranger to find Sign my house(Since I already did this before my official start date – I’m changing this to go on a date with Erin)
- Learn French
- Have a conversation in French
Dry herbsI froze them instead – but it still counts. Go on a girls weekend(3/3)
- Take dance lessons with the boy
Watch the sunrise and sunset in Florida in the same dayNovember 6, 2010 Evidence Knit 3 projects for other people (10/3)(Christmas made quick work of this one) Evidence
- Go skating 10 times (6/10)
Buy a new couch Bake a pie– (Easter 2011 – Grandma approved) Bake the boy cookies without him asking(6/6) Evidence
- Unpack the last box Evidence
- Put everything “in it’s spot” to the boy’s OCD standards for 1 week (1/3)
Have a pajama day
- Bake vegan cupcakes
- Have a picnic in a park
Listen to an audio book
- Grow lettuce all year long
- Go to the drive-in
Bridesmaids, Hangover 2, The Other Guys,
- Random act of kindness for BFF Kristyn
Go to a ballet Drink 8 glasses of water per day for 1 month(Thanks Water Tracker! – March 2011) Switch over to my Gmail account
- Go on a dressed up date with the boy (2/15)
- Meet with Career Counselor at work and make a plan
- Create a personal website
- Read all of the Giller Prize winners
Get up and start my day with the boy every day for 1 week– this would now involve sleeping in, since I get up before him now… since I’m getting up to go to the gym, before work – I’m counting this as complete
- Go to a yarn show
- Inspire someone else to write a 101 in 1001 list September 3, 2010 Evidence
- Go on a week long vacation with just The Boy by ourselves. – Still no, but we are planning 2 weeks away this summer!!
- Donate $5 for everything not completed
- Write a new 101 list when this one is completed
Go above the minimum on at least 5 of the items.